Calm breeze 3 column

Monday, December 31, 2012

Reflecting on 2012

I am going to go on record and say that 2012 was a pretty good year.  Probably the best year since our 1st year of marriage. Much more happiness and far fewer tears than in recent years. I am calling it my turnaround year.

Our families both had much to celebrate....a wedding, new babies on the way, a retirement and some milestone birthdays. We also had a memorable vacation and plenty of good times with family and friends. Not to mention H and I getting home study approved and becoming adoptive parents -in- waiting.  We feel truly blessed.

365 days is a long time, but looking back, I don't know how it's possible that we are saying goodbye to another year. For the past few years I have said "good riddance" at 12:01am on January 1st. This year my attitude is a little different. I am looking forward to the new year with so much hope in my heart. I truly believe that this is the year that we become parents. I'll tell you a little something about the # 13. If you followed my IVF blog, you may recall that I had a few posts about that #. It seriously popped up somewhere in every cycle....be it 13 eggs retrieved or 13 embryos growing or the fact that one of my retrievals was on the 13th. I can't help but think that the # must somehow be significant. Let's hope my instincts are correct!

Happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment