Calm breeze 3 column

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Baby proof

Something my house is not.

I discovered this when my 20 month old nephew came to visit this weekend. He is a very good boy and he listens to his parents but like a moth to the flame he is drawn to my sky high staircase (along with every other child from the time they could crawl).

When we were building the house, I don't think we realized how high these stairs would be. I seriously get dizzy looking down from the top step. That was just the tip of the iceberg though. I have nick knacks and picture  frames within reach of little hands. Especially around Christmas the stuff is irresistible for little ones. More sparkle, more decorations, more bright than the rest of the year.

It makes me wonder.....how long before we have to start thinking about this stuff? I know that we will have a few months before our LO will be able to reach the stairs but those stairs scare me without a baby in the house.

Everyone keeps telling me how next year things may be very different. That may or may not be true so my goal this holiday season is to spend it like it is my last. If our baby comes along we may not be able to run around visiting friends and relatives like we can now. A part of me knows how much I'll miss it all but H and I are both looking forward to some new traditions as a family of 3.

Have a very merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment