Calm breeze 3 column

Friday, November 2, 2012

Making a concentrated effort

I haven't posted much lately. The days just seem to be moving so fast (Thanksgiving in just 3 weeks?!) Yet, not fast enough for an Adoptive Mom in Waiting. LOL. I really have been trying to keep busy. My closets are beyond organized. My basement has been purged and is ready to start accumulating baby gear. I have been cooking and baking and reading and even coloring (I'm not ashamed) to pass the time. The one thing I can't seem to do is write.

I have some kind of mental block. Whenever I think of something I want to write about, it feels so overwhelming....like I can't bear to discuss it because I will never stop.  My morning workouts exhaust me. Not necessarily because of the strenuous nature, but because my mind wanders and obsesses over when we will get "the call". Or any call, really. The agency still has not even shown our profile.

I always feel so much better when I pour it all out on paper (or screen). So, I am going to try really hard to stay focused. Also, at some point, I am sure I am going to want to remember this time and I am going to want to share how I felt with my child as part of his or her birth story. To quote my favorite "Trainer", Chalene Johnson (Turbofire,Chalean Extreme,etc) "You need to remember how you feel when you are done." That is what keeps you going....when you are done doing the work and you feel so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment