Calm breeze 3 column

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Misdirected anger

I'll admit, I am a very emotional person. I cry over just about everything....happy, sad or tired....the tears can flow pretty freely. I'm not as quick with the anger though. At least I wasn't until recently. I'll give you some examples......

A few days before the Hurricane hit the east coast, a woman in my neighborhood was panicking about the fact that it might interfere with her family's Halloween plans. So much so that she felt the need to mass email the entire neighborhood with the suggestion that Halloween be postponed until the following Saturday. She didn't feel like her 3 year old and 8 month old would enjoy themselves if it was too windy and rainy. You heard me correctly and yes, I lost my shit when I got the email. Luckily I stopped myself before responding but I was annoyed for days. First of all....what does an 8 month old do with candy? And secondly, when we were kids we still went. Maybe our loot was a little light but we powered through. Not to mention the fact that the hurricane was over 2 days prior and upstate didn't get anything but a little wind. (Yes, we were very lucky this time). I bit my tongue but H heard a tirade.

I also got worked up about the NYC marathon not being cancelled. I don't even live there but I had such a strong opinion you would have thought I did. Thankfully, they did cancel it but it didn't matter to me. Just the thought of marathoners running through the streets past newly homeless people made my blood boil.

There's more but I have made myself look bad enough for now. I think I am just shocked that our profile still has not been shown. Sometimes, I feel like giving up.

No comments:

Post a Comment