Calm breeze 3 column

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Not what I was expecting to hear...

This will be the 1st of (what I hope is not) many "agency follow up" posts.

I called our agency on Monday to go over a few things with our case worker. I wanted to let her know about some upcoming travel plans and to see if she received our signature pages agreeing to the HS findings. I also figured that it was about time to see if we had been presented to any birth families and was hoping to get some feedback on our profile book from these families. I guess I wasn't prepared for the answer.

 I wasn't quite sure what I was hoping to hear but a part of me is a little distressed to know that our profile was not shown to anyone in the past 2 months. And to make matters worse, my caseworker asked me to fill out a new copy of our "child interest grid" because the one that she had was slopped up with our SW's notes. She said she doesn't want us to miss a potential profiling opportunity due to a messy form. I asked her if we had missed any so far for that reason and she said that no one matching our interest grids has come to the agency in the past 2 months but I don't know if I believe her.

When I spoke to her right after we were approved she mentioned that she couldn't view the DVD we created to go along with our profile book. She was supposed to call me back if she couldn't view it on her co-worker's computer but I never heard from her. I also found out yesterday that she forgot to check.

She just got engaged and I am a little concerned that she may not be entirely focused on our case....or any other part of her job. I hope that it's not going to be a problem. (And I really hope she is nothing like I was when I was planning my wedding. Planning my wedding was like my job at the time and I wasn't very focused on the job that actually paid me.)

So I think I am going to have to turn into the hard ass I didn't want to be. I'm going to call every few weeks to check on things and make sure I am at the front of her mind. She is going to want to get me a match so she can get rid of me! I'm certainly not a stranger to following up and I know how to get things done. I guess I have to believe deep down that all of these little glitches and hold ups are happening so our baby can find us....the baby that is meant for us. All in good time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment