Calm breeze 3 column

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Back from vaca and down to business.....

It already feels as if the summer is winding down. We still have a few parties and events left before the weather gets crisp and before traffic starts sucking in the morning because the schools are open again. We had an excellent mini trip to MA to see friends and do some sightseeing (...ok and a quick stop at the outlets where I did make a few purchases.)

Autumn always feels like a new beginning for me....I'll always remember shopping for a new wardrobe for  "back to school" and since leaving school, autumn has become my favorite time of year. I'm anticipating liking it even more when I have a school aged child of my own, from what my Mom and Dad friends with kids tell me.

That brings me to the latest thoughts occupying my mind......when do we tell people about our plans?

I have shared our news with a select few...close friends and family among them as well as some old high and grade school friends I reconnected with through good ol' FB. As it has been about 2 months since we went active with our agency, I have gotten questions from quite a few people....about what we have heard or how long it might be. I certainly don't mind the questions from people who care so much about me....I love it, actually. What I might not be able to deal with is questions from work people that I see every day or neighbors that I barely know. I don't want it to become awkward when people ask (for them or me). While I do feel a sense of responsibility to advocate for adoption I don't know if I'm ready to educate the ignorant. At this point, without a match, I feel like a fraud. I also think it would make me more anxious if I know others are waiting for it to happen,too. Again, not from my near and dear but from acquaintances.

On the other hand, I don't want to have the following conversation: "Hi Boss lady, it's G. I won't be coming to work today...I have to go pick up my baby". H and I have had several conversations about it and we just don't know which way to go. Once you tell....you can't undo it!

If anyone has any advice, I'm all ears!

No comments:

Post a Comment