Calm breeze 3 column

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Hurry up..... and wait.

Yes....that's what we've been doing. A whole lot of waiting. Life has been busy beyond anything I've experienced this year. For starters....we completed our adoption ppwk, homestudy and profile in a timely manner. (That's a bit of an understatement...this type A, overachiever had everything done in 8 weeks despite having to rely on a few professionals who were dragging their feet.)

We ran into a bit of a snag thanks to our case worker and some information she neglected to provide. We had to wait another 4 weeks to complete our HS because I needed a letter from my therapist stating I am not in therapy because I want to harm myself or others or some such nonsense. I won't bore you with the details but suffice it to say that for nearly a month I was on the phone with the other people daily (CW,SW and  my therapist) when my CW should have handled it. The SW ended up contacting the agency director and lo and behold it was done the next day. As of June 4th, we went live with the agency. I'm not sure if we have been profiled yet but I will be checking with the agency this week and I'll let you all know :)

I don't have much of an excuse for not blogging except that I've been overwhelmed. Some of it is adoption related but some is with life in general. Here is our year-to-date at a glance for those who are interested:

Jan- We picked an agency and completed our required credits.
Feb-Worked on our ppwk.
Mar-Disney family vaca and visiting ILs in FL, refinanced the house
Apr-Nephew's 1st bday (out of town) and began homestudy. DH began a renovation on guest bed/bath that was finished at the end of June just in time for company
All while working on the profile book......
May- We finished our HS and the profile book
June- My Dad retired and we threw a huge family reunion for Dh's fam and had lots of company just about every week
July-My sis got married and DH had surgery and more overnight guests. Plus, I had a minor car accident.

I' m not even listing stuff like parties and usual bday celebrations. Whew! Now we are approaching August and we have lots of parties to attend and a getaway planned.

We have had an incredibly busy year and I have to say that both of us are happier than we have been in a long time. No more fertility treatments and there is no doubt in our minds that we'll be parents. We have been waiting about 8 weeks but it doesn't feel that long. Hopefully, we stay busy and continue to tolerate the waiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment