Calm breeze 3 column

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Hello 2013!

I hope you are kind to me and mine. 2012 was the 1st time in a long time that I didn't get beat up and I liked it. As far as I can tell,  there is a lot to look forward to and lots to be thankful for in the year ahead. I do have a few wishes for the coming year and a few things I would like to accomplish.

My biggest wish is for us to meet our baby and for that baby to be healthy. That alone would probably make my year (H"s,too) but I would be lying if I said that I didn't have a few more things in mind...like the reinstatement of the tax credit for adoptive parents. While we are at it, it would be great if the economy would turn around.

I am going to work on being kinder and having more patience. It's something I'm always working on but it's easy to lose focus when you worry about your own problems and are  not being mindful.

 I'm also more committed to my health this year. I always exercise and watch what I eat but I am going to make it a point to learn about what is best for my body and getting my nutrients from my food as opposed to eating for calorie control. My recent bout with anemia has taught me that my body just won't work if I keep pushing myself even when something doesn't feel quite right.

These aren't resolutions. I don't make them anymore. January 1st, the 1st day of the year is just as good a day as any to make a change or two!6

No comments:

Post a Comment